Interested in a Scholarship to Attend The Facing Race Conference?!
Here’s How It Works
- Scholarships are awarded based on need and individual and/or organizational commitment to racial justice.
- There is no fee to apply for a scholarship. However, if your application is accepted, there is a $50 processing fee that must be paid at the time of your acceptance of an awarded scholarship. This nominal processing fee helps Race Forward to provide meals and conference materials to scholarship recipients.
- Please note: if a scholarship is awarded, confirmation to attend and application processing fee must be made within two weeks of being awarded the scholarship. If we do not receive these within 2 weeks, we will offer the scholarship to applicants on the waiting list. Failure to adhere to the guidelines will impact your eligibility to qualify for future Facing Race National Conference scholarships.
- Resources are limited, so we recommend applying as soon as possible. You will receive a confirmation once your request is received and scholarship decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Because we have limited funding, we cannot guarantee that all requests can be granted.
- If you are part of a nonprofit organization, we encourage you to contact one of your funders to see if they provide support for grantees to attend conferences like this one. For some grassroots fundraising tips, visit Grassroots Fundraising Journal
- Scholarship recipients are required to do the following upon acceptance of a full or partial conference registration scholarship:
- Write a brief thank you note at the Conference to the donor(s). Sharing a reflection on how attending the conference with impact your work in your community, organization or school.
- Assist Race Forward with promoting the conference through social media and other outlets.
- Facing Race will take place November 20th-22nd 2024.
We offer partial and full registration scholarships. Due to limited resources and in the interest of providing financial assistance to as many people as possible, we cannot cover any travel or lodging costs at this time.
- Demonstrated commitment to Racial Justice and Equity.
- Low-income people, people of color, immigrants, limited mobilities (physical or otherwise), trans-identified and people with diverse gender identities, and young adults are encouraged to apply.
Application and Confirmation
The Facing Race Team will confirm your participation as a scholar via email. Once you receive confirmation from the Facing Race Team, scholars must register on Cvent and pay the $50 processing fee to formally accept the offer.
If paying by check, it must be received within 15 days of submitting this form. Scholarships are limited. We encourage applicants to submit their application as soon as possible.
Applications are open on a rolling basis until funds are no longer available. Applications received after this date will not be considered.